Curating a proper sized children’s section has always been something I’ve tried to do but never truly had the space to do it right. Most of ALU’s shoppers are moms, aunts and grandmothers so layering in a little ones section seemed like a natural fit. With the new space, we finally have the room and the selection is just too cute.
One of my favorite new vendors is Clementine. Not only do they have the sweetest instagram presence, their product line is even sweeter. Their beautiful muslin swaddles come in the most chic packaging making them instantly gift ready for any upcoming summer babies!
What is swaddling, you ask? Here are some of the benefits of swaddling below:
“Swaddled babies sleep longer and sounder. Swaddled babies experience less anxiety. Swaddling prevents unnecessary wake-ups due to the startle reflex. Swaddling eliminates the need for comfort items in baby’s crib – no pillows, bumpers, blankets, stuffed animals, etc. (using these items in crib have been linked to SIDS)” – The Baby Sleep Site
Click here to shop our whole little ones collection.
One of my favorite things to read about on the internet, in magazines, on podcasts, tv interviews, etc. always relates back to what people are loving and using right now. “What’s In Your Bag?” and product round up features are my favs! As a consumer myself and a curious & analytic person by nature, I’m just endlessly fascinated by what people are drawn to.
When customers are in the shop, I obviously love to point them in the direction of store merchandise that will fit their needs but I also truly love connecting them with other product suggestions that I may not stock myself.
As the summer goes on, I will be asking our shop girls to participate so you can see what they’re lovin’ also!
What’s In My Bag?:
- Cuyana Small Carryall Tote $185 – Since visiting their Venice Beach shop last spring, I have been obsessed with all things Cuyana. This tote is so perfect since you can wear it in so many different ways and it holds everything. For a small fee, you can also get your initials added to your purchase in a chic metallic color.
- 365 Orange Blossom Hand Sanitizer Spray $4 – I love keeping hand sanitizer on me at all times and this Whole Foods brand product is my FAVORITE. The scent seriously rivals some of my favorite perfume.
- By Rosie Jane; Leila Lou Fragrance Oil– $40 – By Rosie Jane is a new product line in the shop and I am so in love. It’s a completely non toxic, paraben free, clean beauty line from CA based celebrity make up artist Rosie Jane. It’s truly so hard to pick a favorite but Leila Lou is my current go-to scent from the line.
- Sea Salt Neroli Hand Balm $10 – I first fell in love with this scent in college when my roommate’s grandmother would send care packages from her cute kitchen store with tons of household goodies. She’d send us the Caldrea Sea Salt Neroli hand soap and we (& everyone that came over) became obsessed. It has a special place in my heart and I love keeping the counter top spray in my kitchen and the hand balm in my bag (I got this balm from Little Bungalow in Surf City)
- Marc Jacobs Metallic Leather Keychain– This keychain has been in my life and on my keys for about 10 years now. I bought it at one of Marc Jacobs’ tiny Bleeker Street shops when I was 19 and love it so much.
- Cuyana Leather Travel Pouch $110- Another Cuyana gem! The price seems steep but you get two different sizes in the set! The smaller pouch is what I keep in my purse filled with my ‘on the go’ make up and the larger one is perfect for keeping everything contained while traveling.
- Madewell Leather Wallet $78 – A true classic! Madewell is one of my favorite spots for good leather accessories like their travel totes, wallets and sunglasses.
- Calming Essential Oil $7 – You have to smell this oil to believe it. It’s so soothing and truly does work wonders. I always have on hand for flights (I hate flying so much and this just helps) and for days I need to breath in and find my center.
- Matchabar Mint Matcha Bottle $3 – I am a little addicted to keeping hydrated throughout the day and love a caffeine boost in the mornings. Never one to not try any of-the-moment food/drink trends, I naturally jumped on the Matcha train. The taste..um, definitely took a minute to get used to. Load it up with some coconut milk and honey. Best part is it gives you energy without the crash! I love picking up a few bottles for the week at Whole Foods from Matcha Bar.
- BKR Blush Water Bottle $48 -How pretty is this water bottle? For some reason, collecting aesthetically pleasing water vessels is my thing lately. Who knows! This BKR bottle keeps your water cold and contained so you can run around town and dip into it whenever you need a hydration boost.
A Lovely Universe is officially open for business in our new home at 414 North Bay Avenue in Beach Haven! As I’ve stated (and probably will state for the next few months again and again 🙂 ha!) this space is the corner unit with the large bay windows, beautiful natural light and more visibility on the blvd. just steps away from our previous home. You don’t have to go far to look for our new little universe.
Already, it feels so so good. So much room to roam and fill with pretty details and tons of new merchandise. Can’t wait to see how it grows and what this new season has in store for us.
A few internal changes are happening on our end with the different programs we’ll be utilizing to grow the store. The biggest one is that we’re utilizing Shopify for not only on our e-commerce site but in-store as well. This means that all items in store will be immediately streamlined to web so our online shoppers can get up to date inventory availability changes (ie: correct sizing quantities!!) in addition to other perks.
Be sure to follow along on Instagram for more in-store photos, insta stories and merch features! PS: as always, the shop’s spring hours are currently just saturday and sunday 10-5pm til Memorial Day. Then we will be open everyday with extended morning and night hours! Stay tuned.